Do you want to spend beautiful journey in Bar and looking for apartments in Bar with sea view, grill and parking? Book Milosevic apartments directly via Whatsapp.
Bar live camera - real time view from Bar webcam, Montenegro
On this page you will see webcam of Bar, Montenegro - real time photo of the city, beaches and the sea in real time. Here you will find some tips on visiting Bar, Montenegro.
Traveling in Bar, Montenegro
Bar is a coastal town and seaport in southern Montenegro. It's a modern town with an ancient heart, rich in historical landmarks, cultural events, and beautiful landscapes and beaches. With a mix of Montenegrin tradition and a Mediterranean atmosphere, it offers an appealing destination for many travelers.
How to organize your journey to Bar
- Selects dates of your holidays
- Book air tickets and apartments in Bar, Montenegro
- Buy sunscreen from sunburn and go to the beaches to swim!
- Select sight seeing places to visit and rent-a-car in Montenegro
- Visit top restaurants
Real estate and property in Bar
Bar is advantageously positioned along Montenegro's Adriatic coast. With its sea port, road, and rail connections, Bar presents a strategically sound location for property investment. Whether for personal use or as a rental, properties here enjoy good accessibility to both local amenities and to other parts of Montenegro.
The property landscape in Bar is diverse. There's a mix of traditional Montenegrin homes, modern apartments, and luxurious villas and homes, many with sea views. In the old part of town, Stari Bar, one can find more traditional stone houses, while the newer parts offer contemporary styles.
Property in Bar, Montenegro, offers a balanced proposition for potential investors or homeowners. It provides a serene coastal living environment with modern amenities, combined with the historical allure of places like Stari Bar. The upward trend in Montenegro's real estate market, the town's connectivity, and the growth in tourism, make Bar an attractive option for those considering a property in the Adriatic region. However, as always, thorough due diligence and local expert consultation are crucial before making any investment decisions. You can request up-to-date properties for sale in Bar by following the link.
Key Attractions in Bar
- Stari Bar (Old Bar): Perched on a hill, this ancient part of Bar boasts ruins that date back over a thousand years. It's a significant archaeological site and offers visitors a glimpse into the city's medieval past. Wandering its stone streets, you'll find old churches, fortifications, and remnants of daily life from centuries ago.
- Bar's Old Olive Tree: This ancient olive tree, said to be over 2,000 years old, symbolizes the endurance and longevity of the region.
- King Nikola's Palace: Built in the 19th century, this palace was a summer residence for King Nikola I. The palace is surrounded by a park and hosts cultural events and exhibitions.
- The Sea Promenade: A favorite spot for both locals and tourists, the promenade is lined with cafes, restaurants, and bars offering a chance to enjoy the seaside ambiance.
- Bar Aqueduct: This impressive structure, constructed during the 16th century, served as a primary water supply for the town for centuries.
Activities in Bar
- Beaches: Enjoy the pebble and sandy beaches along the Bar Riviera. These beaches provide opportunities for relaxation, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Hiking: The hinterlands of Bar offer beautiful trails, especially in the Rumija Mountain range, giving travelers a chance to enjoy Montenegro's natural beauty.
- Local Festivals: Depending on the time of year, visitors can enjoy various cultural events, including the Bar Chronicle, an international TV festival, and the local maslinijada, celebrating olives and olive oil.
- Local Cuisine: Bar, with its coastal position, offers delicious European, national and seafood dishes. Olive oil from Bar is particularly prized. Traditional Montenegrin dishes, combined with Mediterranean flavors, can be found in many restaurants and taverns. Montenegrin vine is also very good.
Weather in Bar, Montenegro
Bar, being a coastal town in Montenegro, enjoys a Mediterranean climate characterized by warm summers and mild winters. Here's a rough breakdown of the weather in Bar throughout the year. Please, press Ctrl + D to bookmark webcam so you can see weather on Bar live camera.
Weather in spring in Bar from March to May
- Temperature: gradually warming up from the cooler winter months. By may, daily highs can be in the mid to high 20s°C (70s°F).
- Weather: Spring sees increasing sunshine and fewer rainy days. This season is a pleasant time to visit, especially for those who prefer avoiding the summer crowds.
Weather in summer in Bar from june to august
- Temperature: summer is typically warm and sunny. Daytime temperatures can range from the high 20s°C to mid-30s°C (80s to 90s°F). Nights are milder but still warm.
- Weather: this season experiences the most sunshine, with july and august being the peak months. Rainfall is infrequent but possible.
Weather in autumn in Bar from September to November)
- Temperature: starts off warm in September but begins to cool down by November. Temperatures typically range from the high 20s°C in early September to the mid-teens by late November.
- Weather: while September often remains sunny and pleasant, October and November can see more rainfall, making them wetter months compared to the summer. The landscape during this time becomes particularly picturesque with autumn foliage.
Weather in winter in Bar from December to February
- Temperature: Cooler with averages ranging from 5°C to 12°C (41°F to 54°F). However, due to Bar's coastal location, it rarely sees snowfall.
- Weather: Winters are mild but can be quite wet. Rainfall is more common, and overcast days are frequent. However, severe cold and snow are rare.
Overall, Bar's climate is ideal for those who enjoy warm, sunny summers and mild winters. The best time to visit largely depends on personal preference: summer for beach activities and warm sea temperatures, spring and autumn for moderate weather and fewer tourists, and winter for a quieter, more relaxed atmosphere.
Getting to Bar and Around
Bar is well-connected by road, rail, and sea. The town's port operates ferries, connecting Bar to Italy. The rail service connects Bar to the capital, Podgorica, and further on to Belgrade, Serbia. Local buses help visitors navigate within the city and to neighboring towns.
There are two main international airports in Montenegro: Podgorica Airport and Tivat Airport. Here's a rough estimate of the distance between each of these airports and Bar
- Podgorica Airport to Bar: Approximately 45-50 kilometers. The driving distance might vary slightly depending on the specific route taken, but it usually takes around 1 hour to drive.
- Tivat Airport to Bar: Roughly 65-70 kilometers. The driving journey can take around 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, depending on traffic and the specific route.
Bar, Montenegro, is a captivating blend of historical charm and modern comfort. Whether you're interested in exploring ancient ruins, relaxing by the Adriatic, or savoring the local cuisine, Bar promises a rewarding travel experience.